This festival of San Luis de Sabinillas has been known here since the beginning of this town. His name is better known as “Verbena de Sabinillas”.
This event lasts 4 days. It begins on Thursday with the mass and the procession, and ends on the 28th with music in Plaza Vicente Espinel.
San Luis festival calendar
Thrusday – August 25
- 08:00 p.m. Parade by the Charanga “Los Mihitas” in Sabinillas.
- 7:00 p.m. Mass in honor of his patron saint “San Luis” with a mudical choir called “Coro de la Escuela Municipal de Música”
- 8:00 p.m. Mass procession with the Manilva music band.
- 9:00 p.m. Children’s Day. attractions will be worth €1
- 10:30 pm. Music and dance in Plaza Vicente Espinel by the group Latidos.
This festivity and mass are these days because it coincides with the “patron San Luis”, a religious figure who gives the town its name.
Finally, the queens of Sabinllas will also be chosen in this event.
Friday – August 26
- 7:00 p.m. Great Holi Colors Party, on the beach of the Ferris wheel.
- 10:30 p.m. Music and dance in Plaza Vicente Espinel, by the “New Velada” orchestra.
- 00.00h. Group “Mr.Proper”, who delighted us with great songs from the “Golden Age of Spanish POp”.
Once the previous orchestra finish, the “New Velada” orchestra will continue to play.
Saturday – August 27
- 10:30 p.m. Music and dance of the group “New Velada”.
- 11:30 p.m. Great performance of the famous singer “Silvia Pantoja” in the Vicente Espinel square.
Sunday – August 28
- 5:30 p.m. Gtam water festival, in the Noria area.
- 0:00 p.m. Performance of the Municipal School of Corporal Expression.
- 11:00 p.m. Performance by Manolo Mármol in Plaza Vicente Espinel.