Vendimia Manilva 2023 is the collection or harvest of the grapes, generally referring to those that will be used for the production of wine or liquor. In the case of table grapes, the term harvest is simply used. Since the 16th century, the hills of vineyards have given character to the municipality. Surrounded by a beautiful vineyard of Muscat grapes.
Vendimia Manilva festival starts early. In the early hours of the morning a rociera mass is celebrated. At sunset, the walk of the participants in the cowboy dressage takes place.
After, the image of Our Lady of Sorrows is paraded, accompanied by the young women of the town dressed in village clothing, so that it protects the vineyards and pours out its blessing on the fields of Manilva. After the procession, one of the most significant moments takes place, it is the popular offering of the best bunches to the Virgin and the subsequent treading of the grapes to extract the first must wine of the season.
Vendimia Manilva Program
Saturday – September 2
- Mass of the Lady of Sorrows sung by the “Choir of the Municipal School of Music” in the Santa Ana Church. Once the mass is over there will be a procession of the virgin.
- As every year, there will also be a contest for the largest bunch of grapes on Calle Mar just at the end of the procession.
- 10:00 pm Music and dance on Calle Mar by the music groups “Latido” and “Rompeolas”. Dj Turbo will be in the vintage square throughout the night
Sunday – September 3
- 1:00 p.m. Inauguration on Calle Mar of the day fair.
- 1:30 p.m. Parade of horsemen along Calle Mar in collaboration with the PeñaCaballista de Manilva.
- 2:00 p.m. From this time there will be music all over the street with the groups “Compas flamenco” and “Latidos”
- From 7:00 p.m. at 8:00 p.m. In the Plaza de la Vendimia, Grape Bunches Contest with prizes for the three with the greatest weight. (Organizes the Delegation of Agriculture).
- At 9:30 p.m. Performance of the Group “Rockpop” (tribute to the 80s and 90s of Spain
- In the Plaza de la Vendimia, from 4:00 p.m. the DJs Alejandro Ocaña and Juan Turbo will be playing all day.