The harvest is the collection or harvest of the grapes, generally referring to those that will be used for the production of wine or liquor. In the case of table grapes, the term harvest is simply used. Since the 16th century, the hills of vineyards have given character to the municipality. Surrounded by a beautiful vineyard of Muscat grapes.
The harvest festival starts early. In the early hours of the morning a rociera mass is celebrated. At sunset, the walk of the participants in the cowboy dressage takes place.
After, the image of Our Lady of Sorrows is paraded, accompanied by the young women of the town dressed in village clothing, so that it protects the vineyards and pours out its blessing on the fields of Manilva. After the procession, one of the most significant moments takes place, it is the popular offering of the best bunches to the Virgin and the subsequent treading of the grapes to extract the first must wine of the season.
Manilva Harvest Program
Thursday – September 2
From 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in Plaza Martín Carpena, Great Water Festival.
Friday – September 3
At 10:30 p.m., in the Plaza de la Vendimia there will be a performance. It isn’t announced yet.
Saturday – September 4
- From 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Calle Mar, Bubble Football, activities and children’s games.
- At 7:00 p.m. Holy Rociera Mass in honor of the Virgen de los Dolores sung by the Choir of the Municipal School of Music, Dance and Theater.
- After the celebration, all those who wish may offer the fruit of their vineyards to the Virgin.
- At 10:30 p.m. Action that the City Council has not yet communicated.
Sunday – September 5
- From 7:00 p.m. at 8:00 p.m. In the Plaza de la Vendimia, Grape Bunches Contest with prizes for the three with the greatest weight. (Organizes the Delegation of Agriculture).
- At 8:00 p.m. the act of “Pisa la Uva” (Limited capacity by order of arrival).
- At 10:00 p.m. Performance of the Group “Al Son del Potaje” (Limited capacity by order of arrival).
From Thursday the 2nd to Sunday the 5th of September, there will be attractions in the plain of the Nueva Manilva area.